Skip to main content

Whole 30 - Simple? No. Worth it? Absolutely

A new year typically brings many promises/resolutions for weight loss....blah blah blah.  Do we always follow up?  For a short time....

This year (2018) I am choosing to not have a set resolution dealing with weight loss, but rather focusing on creating a better relationship with food.  I have gained some weight in the last couple years - and I'm NOT happy about it.  I eat relatively healthy....I do have my moments of snacking and other unhealthy choices..... So what can I do....I've been reading up on the Whole 30 eating plan - especially after talking with a couple on a B&B weekend trip back in November.  I realized that many of the foods that I love could 'possibly' be battling with my body.   Could some of the foods that I've chosen to eat in my life be battling me???  Dairy.....Grains......Alcohol....SUGAR!!!!

Whole 30.  Eliminate Sugars, Dairy, Grains, Processed Foods and Alcohol.  Simple????  No....  Worth a try???  Absolutely. 

I love to cook.  Years ago I started moving towards getting away from pre-packaged/processed foods.  BUT I still partake in the junk/crap food that is readily available and occasionally utilize quick meal options (ex - boxed rices).  I love snacks.  Cookies, cakes, ice cream.....I love sharing a glass (or bottle(s)) with friends.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cheese....not a party without Havarti! 
I like the concept of cooking with whole ingredients.  Why wouldn't you want to know what's in the food you are eating? 

I am currently on Day 8 of Whole 30.  I'm feeling pretty good....I have noticed that some of the inflammation in my legs and ankles have subsided...  I'm not hungry all the time - and I'm eating well.  I'm making a concerted effort to drink water every day.....goal being 100 ounces....very doable - but sometimes hard to achieve!

I am hoping to keep my motivation throughout this process.  I'm hoping that I will start seeing bigger changes in my body.  I am hoping that I will have less aches and pains after the 30 days, and that when I start to reintroduce those foods that I've eliminated, I can identify what I might have an issue with that I never would have realized.....I'm going to make a guess - I'm thinking there will be some kind if issue with Dairy....  That's my prediction.

So, here's to me trudging forward and completing the Whole 30.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That one house....

Have you ever driven by a house and just wanted to stop and knock on the front door and ask to look inside?  There have been a few for me.  There is one house right outside my subdivision.  It reminds me of the house in Hansel & Gretel.  I told my husband that if it ever went up for sale, I would be going to the open house.  Not that I want to buy it, I am just intrigued as to what it looks like inside. I imagine the inside being small, kind of minimal-like.  Nothing fancy or extravagant.  I picture a small country style kitchen with just enough cabinet space for the essentials.  Maybe a small jelly cabinet in the corner and a butcherblock cutting table.  To finish off, there would be an old style refrigerator.  I picture the upstairs as an attic with lots of opportunity!  I would love to have an attic that is 'livable' and not just full of insulation and random forgotten boxes.  Maybe have it be like a small library, or den.  A quiet get away. The back yard, from wha

Lists

Lists.  Places we want to go, things we'd like to do, things we HAVE to do.  I am an occassional list maker.  I actually wish I was more consistent in my list making.  I find that I am much more productive and organized when I have things written in front of me....I can see progress as well as procrastination.  As I was thinking about lists, I realized, I probably need to make a list of the lists I need to make or keep......

Opinions.......Everyone has their own.....

Opinions.  You've heard the saying - Everyone has one, and they all Stink!  Why is that?  Many people believe if you don't have the same opinion as them, you are wrong.  No, you aren't wrong, you just think differently. With all the hot topics out there that can have varying opinions, no one can be right about everything.  Everyone has a right to their own opinion on any topic or news story.  I read a lot of news on the Internet.  I also read a lot of comments ON the news on the Internet.....  Many of the comments bother me because they are so negative pointed to the person the article is about.  Regardless of the topic, people can find negativity in virtually EVERYTHING.  It's ridiculous.  Why is it that people can't just be happy for people of fame and move on? Katie Couric - doesn't she have a right to decided to change jobs?  Why are there so many people that just want to trash her anonymously on the Internet??  Is it jealousy?  Do they PERSONALLY know